Top 10 Nutrition Tips to Help you Get Started
1. One pound is equal to 3,500 calories
2. Start by setting realistic goals. List your goals on the other side and select one or two to start. As you see progress, you will be motivated to make more changes.
3. It took years to develop your eating habits; remember to be patient as it takes time for them change.
4. Try not to skip any meals
5. Try to eat 4-6 smaller meals each day and keep healthy snacks handy to make good choices when you are hungry and on-the go. Some suggestions for snacks that travel well are baby carrots, celery, low-fat granola bars, banana, pretzels, and peanuts (careful of portion size).
6. 1 gram of carbohydrates or protein is equal to 4 calories
7. 1 gram of fat is equal to 9 calories
8. Drink water! It is the most important nutrient of all.
9. Exercise and a balanced diet go hand in hand
10. Instead of a temporary diet, try making lifestyle changes that you can stick to. The majority of people who go on short-term diets gain the weight back . Diets deprive you of foods you love, which makes them hard to follow